Adopted by the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Awards Committee
There are two separate pools of awards that are reviewed by the CALS Faculty Awards Committee and the CALS Staff Awards Committee. One pool is for awards given by the college; the other is for awards given by the university. There are separate nomination instructions for each of these awards. See the individual award descriptions for specific nomination instructions. An individual can receive each award only once. Check the past recipients list before preparing a nomination.
- Nominations for college awards must be submitted to the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences by the third Tuesday in November. Use the online submissions portal under Nominating Instructions and Form. Contact Julie Stewart (email@example.com) with questions.
- Nominations are ranked by the CALS Faculty Awards Committee and the CALS Staff Awards Committee in December.
- CALS will officially and confidentially notify college award recipients and their department chairs by mid-January.
- The college award committees appreciate the hard work that goes into each award nomination, but cannot individually notify each nominee or nominator about the outcome of the awards process. Nomination packets for nominees who do not receive college awards may be resubmitted without updating letters of recommendation if the letters are dated within two years of the resubmission date.
- College awards are presented at the CALS Spring Awards Program, held early in the spring semester.
- Nominations for university awards must be submitted to the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences by the third Tuesday in November. (Note that the college deadline is earlier than the provost's deadline to allow for a review.) Use the online submissions portal under Nominating Instructions and Form. Contact Julie Stewart (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
- For university awards with a similar (or cognate) CALS award, faculty and staff are expected to receive the award at the college level before the award committees will consider forwarding their ISU award nomination to the university. Past award recipients at the college level may apply for cognate ISU awards at any time.
- For early career achievement awards (or any award with a pressing time constraint), concurrent nomination packets for CALS and ISU awards are encouraged, although the ISU packet will not be sent on to the university unless the nominee receives the college level award.
- For university awards with no CALS equivalent, qualified faculty and staff are encouraged to apply at any time.
- Nominations are reviewed, and may be ranked, by the CALS Faculty Awards Committee and the CALS Staff Awards Committee in December. In the event that there are no nominees for an ISU award, the CALS award committees may ask the nominator of the college level award recipient to prepare a packet for nomination at the university level.
- The college will then forward up to two nominations for each university award to the Provost Office, who then considers the nominations in selecting university award recipients.
- University awards are presented in September at the ISU Fall Convocation.
The CALS Faculty Awards Committee and the CALS Staff Awards Committee do not review nomination packets for awards presented by the Alumni Association, ISU Extension and Outreach and the Professional and Scientific Council (including CYtation Awards).